Friday, February 6, 2009

Update on prior happy ending post

So, I posted a while ago about a woman in my mom's group who was going to be adopting her cousin's baby who was born early after the mother passed away from appendicitis. She found out today that the baby was going to allowed to go home with them on Monday and she and her husband were ecstatic. That is, until 5 minutes later when the social worker told her that the baby's father suddenly wants to be a dad. Granted, he was no where to be seen during the mother's pregnancy or even there when the baby was delivered and the mother died.

I feel so bad for the woman. She and her family had already taken this baby in their hearts be theirs. I know that the baby's father has rights, but honestly, the baby was born more than a month ago. Where was he then? Why didn't he "man up" when his son needed him most? I feels so terrible for them.

No comments: