Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a crawler!

I just realized that I hadn't posted anything about Bubbie's foray into mobility. On the 17th, I was going to a mom's night out with our playgroup when Bubbie decided to not only sit himself up for the first time, but also bust out at really start crawling. He had done a few "steps" here and there, but that night he went from one end of our area rug to the other. Now, he's a crawling machine and is pulling up on everything.

I'm so excited that he's reaching these milestones, but good lord, I'm a nervous wreck. We have tile floors so every small tumble or fall can be pretty rough. The pulling up business is giving me gray hair. He pulls himself up and seems to forget that he's not really able to stand and just lets go. Cue fall straight back. On tile. But I've been right behind him every time that has happened and caught him before he busted his bean.

However, today was a craptastic day. He's definitely getting more teeth and didn't want his bottles. He was constipated from the meatballs he sampled last night. Then top it all of, the pulling up business landed him with a big goose egg and bruise on his forehead. Bubbie has decided that his cube bookshelf is not allowed to have books in it. He was pulling books out while leaning and arm on one of the vertical pieces when his arm gave way and he clocked himself on the corner of the piece. It looked like it really hurt and he was howling! My poor Bubbie. I feel so bad that I didn't have my hand there to block his head or that I just didn't catch him in time. The ironic thing is that Brad and I had just talked about switching out that bookshelf for a rounder one the night before.

When you have a mobile kid, you find sharp corners everywhere. At this rate, I think I'm going to have to go buy some hair dye soon.

No comments: