Thursday, January 8, 2009

He's messing with me

Bubbie is still teething. He has 0 teeth and has been having the classic teething signs for going on 3 months here. Good times. That being said, I have high hopes that he'll actually have some teeth by the end of the month. I didn't have any teeth until I was 8 months (which is today!) and I ended up getting 4 at once. As for him messing with me....over the past few days, he's been either super happy baby or hysterical crying baby.

Monday - sobbing crying after taking a whopping 45 minute nap; will not eat his bottle or chew on a wet washcloth which is usually the best thing since sliced bread for him; resorted to Baby Motrin to help with the pain; sleeps for 30 minutes and wakes up again still in a foul mood.
**Side note: why is Baby Motrin berry flavored? I mean, he doesn't eat anything remotely close to its flavor. It smells like cotton candy and he HATES it.

Tuesday - wakes up at 5:30am, good times; grumpy; sort of eating bottles; very clingy; takes two 45 minute naps

Wednesday - wakes up at 5 freaking 30 again! but in a good mood; sleeps for almost 2 hours for his first nap and 2 for his second; fabulous mood all day

WTF Bubbie?? Tuesday threw a wrench in our whole day with the lack of quality naps. I had planned on cleaning during his naps. So, Wednesday I was all set for him to take crappy naps. I put him down thinking that he'll be up any minute. So what do I do? Throw a load of diapers in the wash and fool around on the computer. I kept thinking, "Anytime now he'll wake up." I didn't want to start anything that I couldn't finish during his nap like washing the floors, which badly need it. Instead, I did nothing. He's messing with my head. I know it.

1 comment:

Mommmmmm! said...

I hear you on everything you wrote - especially the berry flavored motrin. I was wondering the same thing about infant orajel. Why flavored and colored? The babies aren't going to know the difference? Sorry your little one is feeling icky!