Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Survey

I saw a this fun survey over at http://itsababything.wordpress.com/ by JnJ04 on the Bump. It's all about you and your first baby.

My 1st baby

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out: We were trying so I was very excited and in disbelief. I remember coming downstairs with the test and asking B if he saw a line.

3. How old were you? 26

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I took an EPT test, then a digital one the next day just to confirm it with the word "pregnant."

5. Who did you tell first? B and then my parents and brother (and his family). We gave them baby shoes.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yup!

7. Did you deliver early or late? 2 days early

8. Due date: May 10

9. Did you have morning sickness? Only once when I was in Chicago at 6 weeks.

10. What did you crave? Strawberry milk and yogurt. I swore my son was going to end up with red hair.

11. Who irritated you the most? My students. I taught 6th grade and some of those gets just got under my skin.

12. What was your first child’s Sex? Boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 40 - but I think it was mostly water since I lost 30 during the 4 days after delivering Bubbie.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No, but we did end with a c-section after my water broke 12 hours earlier with meconium in it and even after using Pitocin, I stalled at 7cm.

15. Where did you give birth? San Diego

16. How long were you in labor? 12 hours from the time my water broke to the time Bubbie was delivered.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? B and my mom

18. Who watched? Well, while I was in labor, B and my parents were there. My brother came by too. But, since I had a c-section, only B and a bunch of medical staff actual were there when Bubbie was born.

19. Was it natural or c-section? C-section

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yes! I hadn't had any contractions and after my water broke I was having 1 every 3 minutes. It was like being induced. I got an epidural as soon as I could.

21. How much did your child weigh? 8lbs, 9 oz

22. What did you name him/her? N

23. How old is your first born today? 8 months, 2 weeks, 6 days (according to my ticker)

No comments: