Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Daycare Saga

Okay, we're on day 3 of leaving Bubbie at daycare. Here's how's it's gone:

Day 1 - My mom wanted to come with because she'll be picking Bubbie up pretty often. We get there at around 8 and stayed for about 30 minutes. Bubbie played and was pretty good while we were there. They went outside to play in the courtyard and my mom and I decided it was a good time to go. So I said goodbye, gave him a kiss, and told him I loved him. As my mom and I left, Bubbie followed us to the double doors, which have glass centers, and watched us walk down the hall away from him. I couldn't look back. My mom said he watched for a little then went off to play. I left him there for about 1.5 hours and when I went to pick him up, he was eating snack at their tiny tables. I came up to him and said hi. He looked at me for a minute and started bawling. It was like, "Momma?! WTF?! Why did you leave me here?!?!" It was horrible.

Day 2 - Bubbie had an AWFUL night after day 1. He was really constipated and woke up at least 5 times. Boo. This led to a pretty crappy day at daycare. I dropped him off closer to 7:45 and he was cool. He got down, walked around, even smiled at one of the teachers. I was able to leave with no problem. When I came to pick him up, one of the teachers was holding him. They told me he didn't want to eat anything and was on and off crying the whole 3 hours he was there.

Day 3 - Today was the hardest day yet. We got there at 7:30 (I'm trying to go earlier and earlier for when I go back to work). He was already whining when we pulled into the parking lot. Great. So, we get into his classroom and I'm filling out a little form about when he woke up, ate, etc. and he is like a monkey on my hip. I tried to put him down to play while I filled it out, but no. Then it was time for me to go. I started to hand him over to a teacher and he started clinging. I had to force him over there as he kept lunging for me. Then he gave me the "saddest face in the world" and started crying. I gave him a kiss, told him I loved him, and basically ran out of the room. I stole a quick look back through the glass on the door and he was howling reaching at the door for me. I quickly walked to my car, sat in the driver's seat, and commenced the crying.

Do you hear that sound??? It's the sound of my heart breaking. This sucks.

No comments: