Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 5

Bubbie had a fantastic day at daycare on Friday. He ate, napped, and just overall had a great day. He decided to wake up ridiculously early though and ended up taking an impromptu nap in the book nook on the pillows there for about 10 minutes. His teachers took a picture for me which is cool. Bubbie also got to see hula dancers that came to the center. He was pretty tired and ended up just leaning up against his teacher quietly watching the show.

Daycare went great and we had dinner at the parentals - egg plant parmesean. It was sooo good. Bubbie even had some. All was well until 12:30 am when B and I were woken up be Bubbie howling crying. So in I go and discover Bubbie standing crying in his crib, which is not like him when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Then I smell that unmistakable smell of vomit. Yay. Bubbie threw up for the first time last night and it was disgusting. Just keep in mind dinner and you'll get an idea. So, I called B and while I cleaned up Bubbie, he had to change the crib sheet. What a PITA!

After he was cleaned up and had a few sips of water, Bubbie seemed ready to go back to bed. I laid him down and took the sheets and the blanket his great grandma made him downstairs to get the throwup off of them with some paper towels. While I was down there, Bubbie started crying again. B went in and got him into the bathroom just in time for Bubbie to throw up again. I think he may have had too much water. Fun. So, we had to take off his clothes, again, and clean him up. We just kept him in a diaper after that. Luckily, that was it for the vomitting and he went back to sleep after a little while until 6:30.

The sheets have been cleaned and now the washer is getting a cleaning too. Good times. He's currently asleep (it's 9:30 am here) after a bath that involved him crying the whole time. I think the getting sick business was the cherry on top of such a fan-freaking-tastic week. I'm hoping next week is better. Oh, and this morning, I woke up to find I had gotten my visit from Aunt Flo. Fun!

1 comment:

Amy said...

HUGS! I hope next week is better too.