Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2 is so much harder than 1

Well, here we are. It's April and I've yet to do any sort of updating at all about Bubbie and Z. So, without further ado:

Bubbie turns 3 in a month. He is an amazing, loving, funny, intelligent, and exhausting boy. I love him to pieces but holy crap, the tantrums that kid can throw. We really didn't have many behavior problems with Bubbie for the past year so for him to be throwing shoes at me, yes shoes comes as kind of a shock. He's definitely crying out for more attention, but I know that the 3's can be hard. He's having a hard time dealing with emotions and doesn't know how to express them appropriately. We're trying to teach him ways to cope with anger, but he's still working on it.

For his birthday, we're taking him to Disneyland (before he actualy hits 3 so he's free :P) with just us. Z is going to stay with my mom for the day and Bubbie is so excited. He has no idea what Disneyland is other then where Mickey Mouse lives but he's can't wait to just have B and me to himself. The only sucky thing is that I'll have to pump throughout the day since Z is breastfeeding. Sweet.

Z had a bit of a rough start with a week long stay in the NICU for a random infection. He is an adorable baby and I love him to pieces. We are still still adjusting to life with 2 kids. Z tends to be difficult when he's falling asleep and must be bounced. When I say bounced, I mean that I basically do calf raises over and over again until he relaxes enough to fall asleep. This makes it a little tricky when Bubbie is downstairs waiting for me to come play. Z has started laughing and has an amazing smile. He's rolled from his belly to his back a handful of times, but I have a hard time doing tummy time with his brother Captain Destructo running all around. I'm always worried that Bubbie will accidentally fall on him. He has found his feet and hands and has started passing toys from hand to hand. I'm looking forward to finding out his stats next week at his 4 month appointment, but not the shots.

I will say that I do not know why I ever thought having 1 kid was hard. 2 is so much harder.

1 comment:

Trisha_Jean said...

Aww! I am sure its gotta be tough. But of course you would never change it for anything :) I've just got the one 3 month old right now. Not looking forward to the tantrum stage...