Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Equality for all?

I’m so disappointed in California today. After voting for change and electing Obama as president, the majority of voters in California voted to take the rights away from gay and lesbian couples. I am disgusted in the fact that the CA constitution will be changed to single out these couples. I just don’t get it. I know some pretty stupid straight people who got married on a whim. Shockingly, they divorced. However, I also know some gay and lesbian couples who have been together as long as my parents. They love each other and are devoted to one another, yet, because of their sexual orientation, they are not allowed to marry. That’s such crap!! And for those people who say that it’s sinful for gay or lesbian couples to marry, I seem to remember that black and white people were not allowed to marry because people thought it was wrong. How is this any different? Grrrr…

No comments: